Chennai, the capital city of Tamil Nadu, is renowned for its advanced healthcare facilities and expertise in various medical specialties. When it comes to orthopedic care, Chennai boasts a number of world-class hospitals that provide comprehensive and cutting-edge treatments. In this article, we will explore the 10 best orthopaedic hospital in Chennai, highlighting their key features and specialties.
Best Orthopaedic Hospital in Chennai
Orthomed Hospital is a reputed healthcare institution with a dedicated orthopedic department that provides comprehensive care for orthopedic conditions. The hospital’s orthopedic team specializes in joint replacements, arthroscopy, spine surgeries, and trauma care. With modern infrastructure and a patient-centric approach, this best orthopaedic hospital in Chennai ensures excellent orthopedic care.
Available Time: 24X7
Address: New No. 83 (43), Royapettah High Road, Royapettah, Chennai – 600014.
VS Hospitals in Chennai is recognized as a leading orthopaedic hospital, known for its excellence in orthopaedic care. With a dedicated team of orthopaedic specialists and cutting-edge medical facilities, it has earned a reputation for providing high-quality orthopaedic services. Whether you’re seeking treatment for joint issues, bone fractures, sports injuries, or any orthopaedic condition, VS Hospitals offers a comprehensive range of treatments and surgical interventions to help patients regain their ability to move freely and improve their overall quality of life.
CTS Specialty Hospital has firmly established itself as a premier orthopedic hospital in Chennai. It has earned accolades for its exceptional orthopedic care, owing much to its team of highly skilled orthopedic surgeons. The hospital harmoniously blends state-of-the-art technology with a patient-focused philosophy, ensuring the delivery of superior orthopedic treatments. With an unwavering dedication to providing comprehensive and cutting-edge care, CTS Specialty Hospital stands out as the preferred choice for those in search of top-tier orthopedic services in Chennai.
Vinita Hospital is renowned as a leading orthopaedic hospital in Chennai, celebrated for its expertise in orthopaedic care. This esteemed institution is home to a team of proficient orthopaedic specialists who are dedicated to providing exceptional care. Through a harmonious integration of advanced medical technology and a patient-centric approach, Vinita Hospital ensures the delivery of top-quality orthopaedic treatments. With a steadfast commitment to comprehensive and progressive healthcare, Vinita Hospital proudly stands as the preferred destination for individuals seeking the finest orthopaedic services in Chennai.
Apollo Hospitals is a leading name in the healthcare sector and has a dedicated orthopedic department equipped with state-of-the-art infrastructure. Their team of experienced orthopedic surgeons specializes in joint replacements, trauma care, sports injuries, and minimally invasive surgeries. This best ortho hospital in Chennai offers personalized care and utilizes the latest technologies for accurate diagnosis and effective treatment.
MIOT International is a renowned multispecialty hospital that excels in orthopedics. The hospital is equipped with modern facilities, including specialized operation theaters and advanced imaging techniques. The highly skilled orthopedic team at this best orthopaedic hospital in Chennai offers a wide range of services, including joint replacements, spine surgeries, pediatric orthopedics, and sports medicine.
Available Time: Open 24 hours
Address: 4/112, Mount Poonamallee Rd, Sathya Nagar, Manapakkam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600089.
Fortis Malar Hospital
Fortis Malar Hospital is a trusted name in the healthcare industry and has a specialized orthopedic department that caters to a diverse range of musculoskeletal conditions. This ortho specialist hospital in Chennai has a team of proficient orthopedic surgeons who provide personalized care and perform complex procedures such as joint replacements, arthroscopic surgeries, and corrective procedures for deformities.
Available Time: Open 24 hours
Address: No. 52, 1st Main Rd, Gandhi Nagar, Adyar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600020.
SRM Institute of Medical Sciences
SRM Institute of Medical Sciences is a renowned medical institution that also houses an excellent orthopedic hospital. With a team of highly skilled orthopedic specialists, this best orthopaedic hospital in Chennai offers advanced treatments for joint disorders, spine conditions, trauma cases, and sports injuries. The hospital’s focus on research and education ensures the adoption of the latest treatment techniques.
SIMS Hospital, a part of the SRM group, is a prominent orthopedic center in Chennai. With a dedicated team of orthopedic surgeons and state-of-the-art infrastructure, the hospital provides comprehensive care for various orthopedic conditions. Their services include joint replacements, arthroscopy, spine surgeries, and sports medicine.
Available Time: Open 24 hours
Address: Metro No.1 Jawaharlal Nehru Road, Landmark, next to Vadapalani, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600026.
Global Hospitals is a well-established multispecialty hospital with a dedicated orthopedic department offering comprehensive care for various musculoskeletal disorders. This best orthopaedic hospital in Chennai specializes in joint replacements, spine surgeries, pediatric orthopedics, and complex trauma cases. With advanced facilities and a skilled team of orthopedic surgeons, Global Hospitals is a trusted choice for orthopedic care.
Vital Role of Orthopaedic Hospitals
Orthopaedic hospitals play a crucial role in the healthcare system by specializing in the diagnosis, treatment, and management of musculoskeletal disorders and injuries. The musculoskeletal system includes bones, joints, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and other connective tissues. Here are some vital roles that orthopaedic hospitals play:
- Specialized Care: Orthopaedic hospitals provide specialized care for a wide range of musculoskeletal conditions, including fractures, arthritis, sports injuries, congenital disorders, and degenerative diseases.
- Expertise and Specialized Staff: These hospitals are staffed with orthopaedic surgeons, physicians, nurses, physical therapists, and other healthcare professionals who have specialized training and expertise in the field of orthopaedics.
- Diagnosis and Imaging Services: Orthopaedic hospitals are equipped with advanced diagnostic tools and imaging services such as X-rays, MRIs, and CT scans to accurately diagnose musculoskeletal conditions and injuries.
- Surgical Intervention: Orthopaedic hospitals often perform a variety of orthopaedic surgeries, including joint replacements, arthroscopy, spine surgery, and fracture fixation. Surgeons in these hospitals have expertise in performing complex procedures to restore function and alleviate pain.
- Rehabilitation Services: Following surgery or injury, orthopaedic hospitals provide rehabilitation services to help patients regain strength, mobility, and functionality. This may involve physical therapy, occupational therapy, and other rehabilitative measures.
- Emergency and Trauma Care: Orthopaedic hospitals are often equipped to handle orthopaedic emergencies and trauma cases, such as fractures and dislocations. Prompt and specialized care is crucial in these situations to prevent complications and ensure optimal recovery.
- Chronic Disease Management: Orthopaedic hospitals play a role in managing chronic musculoskeletal conditions such as osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. They provide ongoing care and treatment plans to help patients manage their conditions and improve their quality of life.
- Education and Research: Many orthopaedic hospitals are involved in education and research activities. They contribute to advancements in orthopaedic care through research studies, clinical trials, and training programs for healthcare professionals.
- Collaboration with Other Specialties: Musculoskeletal disorders can often impact other areas of health, and orthopaedic hospitals collaborate with other medical specialties to provide comprehensive care. For example, they may work with rheumatologists, neurologists, and physiatrists to address complex cases.
- Community Outreach and Preventive Care: Orthopaedic hospitals often engage in community outreach programs to educate the public about musculoskeletal health and preventive measures. This includes promoting exercise, proper nutrition, and injury prevention strategies.
Types of Orthopedic Surgery
Orthopedic surgery encompasses a wide range of procedures that focus on the musculoskeletal system, including the bones, joints, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and other connective tissues. Below are several frequently performed orthopedic surgical procedures:
- Total Knee Replacement (TKR): Involves replacing a damaged or arthritic knee joint with an artificial joint.
- Total Hip Replacement (THR): The damaged hip joint is replaced with a prosthetic implant.
- Total Shoulder Replacement: Replace a damaged or arthritic shoulder joint with an artificial joint.
- Arthroscopy: A minimally invasive procedure using a tiny camera (arthroscope) to diagnose and treat joint problems, such as torn cartilage or ligaments.
- Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair: Repairs tears in the rotator cuff of the shoulder using arthroscopic techniques.
- Spinal Fusion: Joins two or more vertebrae to stabilize the spine, often used for conditions like herniated discs or spinal instability.
- Discectomy: Removes part or all of a herniated disc that may be pressing on spinal nerves.
- Laminectomy: Removes a portion of the vertebral bone (lamina) to relieve pressure on the spinal cord or nerves.
- Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF): Involves realigning fractured bones and fixing them with internal devices such as screws, plates, or rods.
- External Fixation: Uses external devices to stabilize fractures and promote proper healing.
Sports Medicine Procedures
- ACL Reconstruction: Reconstructs the anterior cruciate ligament in the knee, often torn during sports-related activities.
- Meniscus Repair: Repairs or trims torn meniscus (cartilage) in the knee.
- Tendon Repair: Repairs torn tendons, commonly in the shoulder (e.g., rotator cuff repair) or elsewhere.
Hand and Wrist Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Release: Carpal Tunnel Release surgery alleviates symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome by easing pressure on the median nerve in the wrist.
- Trigger Finger Release: Corrects a condition where a finger gets stuck in a bent position.
Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Bunionectomy: Removes a bunion, a bony bump that forms at the base of the big toe.
- Ankle Fusion or Replacement: Addresses severe ankle arthritis by fusing or replacing the ankle joint.
Orthopedic Oncology Surgery
- Limb-Sparing Surgery: Removes cancerous tumors while preserving as much function and appearance of the limb as possible.
- Joint Resection: Removes a portion of a joint affected by a tumor.
Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery
- Clubfoot Correction: Repairs a congenital deformity of the foot.
- Scoliosis Surgery: Addresses abnormal curvature of the spine in children.
Revision Joint Surgery
- Revision Hip or Knee Replacement: Replaces a previously implanted artificial joint that may be damaged or worn out.
To conclude, there are several best orthopaedic hospital in Chennai that offer specialized care for a wide range of musculoskeletal conditions. These hospitals have highly skilled orthopedic surgeons, state-of-the-art infrastructure, and advanced technology to provide accurate diagnoses and effective treatments. Whether it’s joint replacements, spine surgeries, trauma care, or sports injuries, patients can rely on these for excellent care and optimal outcomes.
Read also ENT Specialist in Chennai.